When Property Owners Fail To Keep You Safe, We Can Protect You
According to New York law, if you are lawfully on another party’s property, they are liable for your injuries if you are hurt due to their negligence. Whether it was a fall, a dog bite, an assault or a falling object, you can seek compensation for your injuries.
Premises liability claims can be challenging, so it is best to work with a lawyer who has considerable experience with these cases. You can rely on our experienced attorneys at Cusano Smith PLLC for knowledgeable, caring representation in your premises liability case. With over 50 years of combined experience, we are prepared to evaluate your claim and determine who is liable for your injuries and how much compensation you need to cover your losses. We represent people in Westchester County and the surrounding areas.
How Were You Injured?
There are numerous ways you can suffer injuries from a property owner’s negligence, including:
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Falls often happen on wet or slick surfaces in places like grocery stores, discount stores, sidewalks and stairways. They can cause broken bones and brain injuries.
- Negligent security: Property owners need to have security measures in place to keep visitors safe. Lighting, cameras and security guards can help maintain adequate security in dangerous places.
- Animal and dog bites: The animal’s owner is liable for bites and other injuries regardless of where the attack took place. Their homeowner’s insurance is supposed to cover the damages.
- Inadequate maintenance: If a property owner does not keep their premises in good condition, people can get hurt. When the owner is planning to repair a hazard, there should be warning signs posted to alert people to the hazard.
- Construction site accidents: Many things can cause injuries on a construction site, including falling objects, fall hazards, scaffolding accidents, and construction vehicle and heavy equipment accidents. There are often multiple liable parties on construction sites, so it’s important to have a lawyer to protect your rights.
- Swimming pool injuries: Left open or unguarded, pools can cause falls, brain injuries due to oxygen deprivation and drowning.
Please speak with us to learn about how premises liability law will apply to your specific case.
We Will Stand Up For Your Rights
We are not afraid to take on insurance companies or multiple liable parties. Don’t let them intimidate you; we can help. For a free consultation, please call us at 914-352-8630 or complete our contact form.